Tuesday, January 16, 2024

2023 In Review

Although not as financially successful as 2022, this past year was a great one for me in the world of poker. I ended up profiting $4,530 for the year and finished at $21.42 per hour.

The largest single session win in 2023 was late in year when on December 7 I won $1,205 at my local Weatherford cash game. It was a great night and everything seemed to be going my way with draws and coolers. My biggest loss in the year was my first one when I dropped $800 at WinStar on New Year's Day.

I don't think I established any goals last year for myself, but finishing with the second most winnings and second highest hourly rate (not counting a small sample size in 2009) would have most certainly exceeded any goals I could have set. I also finished with more than 211 hours of playing time. This was by far the most I've ever played in a single year, with the previous high being nearly 183. As my children get older and they can watch themselves a little more, I've found additional days and times to play in Weatherford or at local poker clubs, like the ones in Aledo or a new one in Burleson that I've yet to give a chance.

Looking ahead to 2024, I'm hoping to meet the similar success I've had in the last two years with highs in profitability and hourly rate, but that is certainly going to be difficult as I already put myself in the hole almost $1,000 after only four sessions at WinStar and in Weatherford. It will be an uphill climb going forward, but I've got the End of Year Freeroll Tournament in Weatherford coming up on Saturday that hopefully will get me back on the profitable path.

I'll write something up on the End of Year Freeroll Tournament soon. Hopefully I can get something in writing before the tournament happens on Saturday, but I will definitely provide results and possibly have a few examples of hands that took place during the tournament or cash game.

No comments:

Post a Comment